Toronto Real Estate Mid August Numbers
Greater Toronto REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Market Figures
There were 3,214 sales through the TorontoMLS® system during the first 14 days of August, representing more than a 22.5% increase compared to the same period in August 2010. Year-to-date sales through the 14th of August were all but caught up to last year’s total – down by half a per cent compared to 2010.
“The unsettled situation in financial markets over the past few weeks did not appear to sap the confidence of GTA home buyers during the first half of August,” said Toronto Real Estate Board President Richard Silver.
“Revised forecasts for future Bank of Canada interest rate decisions coupled with the recent announcement by the US Federal Reserve, suggest that interest rate hikes in Canada are on hold at least until sometime in 2012. This is a positive for affordability and should help sustain buyer confidence moving forward.”
The average selling price was up by almost 7% annually during the first 14 days of August to $440,150.
“The rate of price growth reported for the first two weeks of August continued to point to sellers’ market conditions in the GTA,” said Jason Mercer, TREB’s Senior Manager of Market Analysis.
“However, it should be noted that new listings grew at a slightly greater pace than sales. A better supplied market in the second half of 2011 will result in prices growing at a more sustainable pace.”
City of Toronto (“416″)
2011 Sales: 1,201 | Average Price: $443,078
2010 Sales: 1,008 | Average Price: $427,106
Rest of GTA (“905″)
2011 Sales: 2,013 | Average Price: $438,404
2010 Sales: 1,614 | Average Price: $402,868
2011 Sales: 3,214 | Average Price: $440,150
2010 Sales: 2,622 | Average Price: $412,186
Contact the Jeffrey Team for more information – 416−388−1960
Laurin & Natalie Jeffrey are Toronto Realtors with Century 21 Regal Realty.
They did not write these articles, they just reproduce them here for people
who are interested in Toronto real estate. They do not work for any builders.
- Toronto Real Estate Still Rising in August In the first two weeks of August, Greater Toronto Realtors…
- GTA REALTORS Report August Resale Market Figures Greater Toronto REALTORS reported 7,542 sales through the TorontoMLS system…
- Toronto Real Estate in Mid-January While off the record pace experienced last January, sales remain…
- Toronto real estate keeps moving up Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 4,138 sales during the first two…
- Toronto real estate sales still up on the year Toronto REALTORS® reported 3,076 sales during the first two weeks…