Westmoreland Church Lofts
17 boutique lofts in a unique Toronto heritage church
Located steps away from Bloor Street West, downtown is only minutes away! Standing proudly in downtown Toronto, the historical church at 40 Westmoreland is being transformed into luxurious lofts while preserving the integrity and beauty of the original structure.
The Anglican church of St. Mary the Virgin and St. Cyprian, at Westmoreland Avenue and Bloor Street, is being converted into the Westmoreland Lofts.
Standing proudly in downtown Toronto, this historical church is being transformed into luxurious lofts while preserving the integrity and beauty of the original structure.
The authentic hard loft residences of the Westmoreland Lofts have been creatively and sensitively designed to capitalize on the grandeur of the soaring cathedral ceilings and the rich detailing of stone columns, capitals, hammerhead wood trusses and majestic, brick gothic arches and windows.
* Wrought iron type fence surrounding the site
* Walk out grade level private patios
* Underground private garage
* Historical restoration as per heritage easement agreement with the City of Toronto
* Low ‘e’ energy efficient double glazed windows
* Main entry door of solid core construction with full height insulated safety glass insert
* Historic restoration of the original church elements as per city approved plans
* Cathedral ceilings up to 30′ high as per plan
* Kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, dining room and foyer all have ceramic tile flooring
* Living room and bedrooms have laminate flooring
* Paint grade panel doors with lever handles
* Subway tile backsplash
* Granite counter tops in kitchen & bathrooms
* Kitchen cabinetry with gables and over the fridge storage
* Stainless steel undermount sinks
* Moen washerless faucets
* American Standard water saving toilets
* Multi-spray shower panels
* Stainless steel fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave oven
* Mirrors over vanities
* Contemporary decora light switches amd electrical outlets as per approved plans
* Central heating and air conditioning
* Pre-wired television & internet cable to living room, kitchen and bedrooms
* Pre-wired telephone outlets in kitchen, living room and bedrooms
* Smoke & CO detectors
* Stacking washer and dryer
* Custom interior design service
* Solar power collectors intergrated into windows
* In-floor hydronic hot water heating system
* 3/4″ hardwood floors
* Granite floors
* Duravit plumbing fixtures
* Designer european faucets
* Glass sliding bathtub enclosures
* Pre-wired alarm system
* German / Italian custom kitchen
* Modular integrated european appliances
* 4 station intercom audio/video system
As of today, there are 7 lofts left. They range from a 1,290 square foot 1+1 with 2 baths and parking for $593,000 to 1,716 square feet for $759,000. Each loft at the Westmoreland Lofts preserves the original architectual features, such as beautiful granite stone columns, cathedral ceilings up to 30 feet, hammerhead wood trusses and brick gothic arches. At this point, designs can still be changed and units can have 2 or 3 bedrooms, is the purchaser desires.
As my regular followers know, I have been talking about this loft conversion project for years. It was originally supposed to be complete in 2003 – which obviously did not happen. Then I heard from an investor who may or may not have been working with the folks from The Abbey. And nothing happened. Then the church at 40 Westmoreland – building, plans, permits and all – were sold off by the bank a few months ago. I wish I had had the time to get some people together to buy it. But alas, it was not to be.
But there seems to be a serious group behind it now and there is nothing to stop this project from moving forward. It would be nice to see two church conversions so close together, with The Church Lofts on Dovercourt just a couple of blocks away.
If you want to own a huge and cool space, let me know, I would be happy to arrange a personal tour.
Incoming search terms
- Toronto Loft Conversion Profile: The Church lofts Churches are some of the most beautiful buildings in any...
- The Latest Toronto Loft Conversion — The Church The Church is a loft conversion carved from a century-old neo-gothic church,...
- The Westmoreland Lofts — a once in a lifetime opportunity Standing proudly in downtown Toronto, this historical church is being...
- An old church is born again As of November 2009, the church on Westmoreland has NOT...
- Toronto Church Loft Conversions Across Toronto, churches are putting their buildings up for sale,...