Tag Archives: home categories
Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 1,506 sales through the TorontoMLS® system during the first two weeks of January 2012. This result represented a 6% increase compared to the first 14 days of January 2011. New listings were also up on a year-over-year basis, but by a lesser 3.7%.
“The market didn’t miss a beat after the holiday season, with robust sales growth continuing and sellers’ market conditions remaining in place. Strong competition between buyers continued to push the average selling price higher in the Greater Toronto Area relative to a year ago,” said Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) President Richard Silver.
The average selling price during the first two weeks of 2012 was $444,473 – up by more than 8.5% compared to the same period in 2011.
“Prices were up for most major home categories in the GTA in comparison to last year. The strongest price growth was for single-detached homes in the City of Toronto. The average price of singles in the 416 area code was up by 22% year-over-year [to more than $700,000], pointing to a greater weighting of higher end detached homes changing hands compared to the same time last year,” said Jason Mercer, TREB’s Senior Manager of Market Analysis.
City of Toronto (“416″)
2012 Sales: 552 | Average Price: $467,152
2011 Sales: 581 | Average Price: $416,647
Rest of GTA (“905″)
2012 Sales: 954 | Average Price: $431,351
2011 Sales: 839 | Average Price: $404,341
All of the GTA
2012 Sales: 1,506 | Average Price: $444,473
2011 Sales: 1,420 | Average Price: $409,376
Contact the Jeffrey Team for more information – 416−388−1960
Laurin & Natalie Jeffrey are Toronto Realtors with Century 21 Regal Realty.
They did not write these articles, they just reproduce them here for people
who are interested in Toronto real estate. They do not work for any builders.
- Expect demand to be strong in 2012 Despite price growth, the cost of home ownership remains affordable,…
- Toronto real estate keeps moving up Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 4,138 sales during the first two…
- Toronto Real Estate Mid August Numbers There were 3,214 sales through the TorontoMLS® system during the…
- TREB’s Months of Inventory Indicator/Affordability Point to Continued Price Growth in 2012 The average MOI was 2.3 months over the last…
- Toronto Real Estate Near Record in 2011 Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 4,718 transactions through the TorontoMLS® system…